Call of Duty: Vanguard launches on November 5, but developer Sledgehammer Games has already revealed patch notes with the latest changes from the beta. Players can expect the launch version of Vanguard to arrive with improved audio, smoother gameplay, and even a new perk.
Sledgehammer Games says the goal for Vanguard's beta "was to give players a faster and smoother gameplay experience at launch." To achieve this, the developer reduced weapon swap/pickup animation speeds and increased and re-balanced the sprint out times.
Additionally, a new perk is being added to Vanguard at launch, with the classic Ninja perk that provides players with silent footsteps at all times. Ninja wouldn't have been a popular perk in the beta, as the footstep audio was very faint, but Sledgehammer Games describes "big changes" have been made to Vanguard's audio mix, including increased footstep sounds, reduced announcer frequency, and more.
The patch notes also address some of the visual concerns from the beta, including the distortion effects being removed from the muzzle flash, and a reduction of smoke that's emitted when firing a weapon. The overly bright lens flare was also reduced.
Players can also expect improvements to the performance of Vanguard across all platforms. Vanguard's alpha and betas were a rough experience for some players on older consoles like the PlayStation 4. These performance improvements include fixed glitches resulting in pixelation, lighting issues, and graphical corruption during the beta.
The full patch notes can be found below, as shared by Sledgehammer Games.
Additionally, here are all the details announced on October 28 for Vanguard's post-launch content and the new Warzone Pacific Caldera map.
Call of Duty: Vanguard launches on November 5 for Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS4, PS5, and PC. The new game will launch as Activision Blizzard faces a lawsuit from the state of California over alleged harassment and discrimination against women.
- Distortion effects were removed from muzzle flash and we reduced smoke emitted when firing a weapon
- Completed a pass on muzzle flash placement/coverage when aiming down sights
- VFX Environment ambient placement for better sightlines
- Removed the droplets of water that get all up in your face when it rains
- Various bugs have been fixed including a bug where certain optics would stop enemy and friendly HUD icons from displaying while ADS
- We've fixed cases of nametags appearing through Destruction
- Lens flare reduced across all maps (we nerfed the sun)
- We will continue to refine VFX, Lighting, and UI into launch and monitor player feedback surrounding the various topics of visibility.
- Audio received a complete mixing and content overhaul to address community feedback from the Public Beta, including more audible footsteps, player and non-player weapons, and map environment content
- Footsteps are silent when players ADS, Crouch Walk, or have a Perk / Field Upgrade equipped which silences movement
- Fixed a bug that caused shots after the first shot to be too quiet
- Operator quips occur less frequently
- Asked Butcher to chill out. VO lines are less frequent
- A bug resulting in unpredictable spawns in Patrol has been fixed as well general tuning of spawn logic globally
- We will continue to refine spawn logic over time to improve spawns in matches with higher player counts
- Grenades and incendiaries no longer slow movement speed of players
- A cap has been placed on max suppression effects
- Changes have been made to animation times including weapon swap speeds and throwing of equipment (ie: Gammon bombs can be thrown more quickly)
- Sprint out times have been sped up and re-balanced
- Dev Tip: Dauntless, a perk that players didn’t have access to in Beta, makes players immune to movement reducing effects
- Shotgun lethality has been improved
- Effective Range of most Shotguns, SMGs, and Pistols have been reduced (SMGs and Pistols were overperforming at range and Shotguns were adjusted down due to increased lethality overall)
- Hipfire spread has been adjusted on most guns (mainly to add more consistency across weapon categories)
- Tradeoffs on barrels, magazines, and stocks have been reduced
- Ammo types were rebalanced to include more tradeoffs
- Squashed bugs affecting Weapon Progression and Detailed Stats
- Dev Tip: Vanguard’s version of the smoke grenade works differently than previous games. You're fully hidden from distant enemies, but can be seen at closer ranges allowing you to close the distance between you and the enemy and hunt them down with close-quarter combat builds.
- Dev Tip: Try setting your mount options to use ADS rather than ADS+Melee. It's not for everyone but it's a powerful way to become more accurate in an instant while staying out of harm's way. It can be combined with blind fire for some great results.
Killstreaks and Field Upgrades
- Friendly Spy Planes and Counter Spy Planes will no longer appear overhead
- Spy Planes and Counter Spy Planes move slower and are easier to hit
- Counter Spy Planes have a shorter duration
- Health has been reduced on Spy Planes, Counter Spy Planes, and most placed Field Upgrades
- Death Machine and War Machine have swapped costs
- Glide bomb is easier to control
- A max timer has been added to the Radar Jammer and Field Mic Field Upgrades
- Bugs resulting in graphical corruption of the Attack Dogs have been fixed – no more Dognados :(
- Low Profile has been removed and replaced with Ninja